- This event has passed.
Advanced Industrial Electricity – Lancaster (10/7-10/11)
October 7 @ 7:00 am - October 11 @ 3:00 pm$700
This 35 hours class is designed for maintenance personal. The course will lead them through relay control technology and teach them troubleshooting techniques.
Each student will wire many industrial control circuits/panels using momentary switches of some type, proximity switches, relays, motor starters contactors, transformers, be able to read and understand schematics.
Draw the schematics of someone else’s circuits. Wire several complex relay logic control circuits. Then troubleshoot the circuit. along with creating relay logic PLC gates. Design, draw, build and test circuits. Each day starts with theory for approximately one and half hours (1.5) After that each day students are applying “hands on” electricity concepts
Subject matter includes:
- Ohm’s Law & Power Equations
- Series & Parallel Circuits
- Voltage measurements
- Motor theory and connections/wiring methods
- Three phase connections and theory
- Relay logic and schematic reading
- AC Principles, AC to DC and back again
- Inductance, Capacitance
- Single phase and three phase power
- Transformers (step-up and step-down utilization)
- Motors and the principles behind them
Students will need to bring, Wire cutters, screw driver & pliers to class.
Date: 10/7- 10/11/19
Sessions: 5 days
Times: 7 am to 3 pm
Location: 216 Greenfield Road
Cost Lancaster Consortium: $700
This course is grant funded by the Lancaster Consortium.